Fading Away...


Sitting by the hillside
Waiting for you to come back
And take me with you
For now I'm afraid of the world
That no more belongs to me


Things ain't the same
The way it used to be
My restless mind has lost the positivity
I sit here for hours now
Thinking what went wrong with me


My mind has stopped reacting
Words seem an ocean to my dried lips
I sleep with a deep silence within
I cry, cry and cry
For the reason still unknown


My smile is fading,
My hands tremble now
Mind wants to conquer it all
But I couldn't gather the strength
Which once you had put in me


I want to smile
I want to live again
It's hard to go alone
Give me your hand now
I want to overcome this hollow in me.

2 comments:

  1. As the Roman lyric poet Horace says (in Latin) - "Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem" which means "Remember when life’s path is steep to keep your mind even." And I'm sure you will overcome the steepest paths in your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) ... I had written another piece you can go through that as well..Will appreciate your feedback on it too.

      Delete